Sunday, January 6, 2013

Last adventure of Summer 2012

DMB at the Gorge- August 30th - September 3rd 2012

Well to end my summer adventures, I went on the annual labor day Dave Matthews Band roadtrip with three of my great friends. It was a great way to end the summer, even though I had started work a few days before the trip. I have looked forward to doing this trip all year, even though it was bitter sweet. It was the first year without Whit around and to make it even harder it was the one year anniversary of her death. This was one of her favorite trips to take and I know she was dancing in heaven with us. It is because of Whit that I LOVE Dave Matthews music and that I LOVE the Gorge.

Jared and Kate met up at Jared's parents house Thursday night and then came and picked me up. We made it to Idaho Falls where we crashed in a hotel room for the night. We got up and headed the rest of the way to Moses Lake to set up camp before the concert. Bryce met up with us at the campsite. It was so great to see him. I love hanging out with my boys. We headed to the concert. It was nice not to worry about getting their early. We got a pretty decent spot on the grass friday night and had fun with all the people that were drunk and getting high. After the concert, we went to the good ole Angie's restaurant.

Saturday was our big day. We all had pit tickets (or so we thought). I don't remember what all happened at first but me and Kate went down to the venue first to save our spots up by the stage. Well come to find out, our tickets were not pit tickets, they were seat tickets. We were so devastated. Bryce and Jared met us down by the stage, and when we told them about our tickets they both were sad for us. I mean, it couldn't be as fun without me and Kate dancing with them right? Well for the next few hours, Kate and I tried to come up with ideas on how to sneak into the pit. Kate was even flirting with all the boys that were guarding the seats to let us come up to the barrier. We made posters so that the boys could get us a drumstick. Just when we thought it was hopeless, we came up with an ingenious plan. I want to say it was my idea, but Bryce's wristband was loose enough he got his pit wristband off without completely tearing it. It was genius! Maybe a little on the naughty side but what a story to tell. Jared came out and gave Kate the wristband and then Kate snuck in and then he did the same with me. It totally worked! I must say I was super nervous about getting caught and getting kicked out, but know I can say that I snuck into the pit. HaHa. It was incredible. We were so close! and they played some of my favorite songs. It was an epic night! And of course, we ended the night by hitting up the Angies after the show for some grub.

Sunday, we hung out by the river for a bit before the concert. Sunday was our day to make a run for it and get good lawn tickets. Kate has been doing this for years so she has this system down. We did VIP parking, which got us closer to the venue. When they started letting people in, Bryce and I made a run for it. I am proud to say that neither one of us biffed it, while running down the hill. We got pretty awesome spots for the show if I say so myself. It was a great night! The pit is awesome, but there is something about just chillin and dancing on the grass, listening to awesome music. The Avett brothers opened for DMB all three nights and I thought they were pretty good too.

Earlier today, I was reading emails that Whit had sent me. I read one from before the first time I went on the trip with them. She reassured me that I would fall in love with the music since we had the same taste in music. She was right! Dave Matthews is one of my favorite musicians and I owe that one to Whit. I will never forget the memories that were made with Whit. I am thankful for the tradition that she started for me, I just wish she were here this year to share it with me. Until next year dave.....


So sad not to have Pit tickets....
the Boys in the PIT without us...
Kates Love!
The crew (Jared, Kate, Me, Bryce)
Dave Matthews!
I love Boyd!

I am so glad that I could share this bitter sweet weekend with Jared, Kate, and Slicer. Thanks for the great memories throughout the years guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment