Friday, January 11, 2013

I did it!!! Accomplished my weight goal in 2012!

My goal was to get my weight down to 150. It was a long shot but I was determined to accomplish it. I must say when I set out for my goal last april, I wasn't quite sure if I would be able to really reach it or not.  I finally got to the point where I was depressed and hated looking at myself in the mirror. I have always struggled with thinking I wasn't skinny enough, or that I wasn't cute enough... Dang, self esteem! I decided I needed to get rid of the negative energy in my life, and so I decided to try out the south beach diet. My mom has been doing it for awhile now and she lost so much weight. She was my inspiration and both my parents have been so supportive and have kept me going. I also have to thank my siblings and a few of my friends. All their compliments and encouragement have kept me strong and have increased my self-esteem dramatically.

Losing weight is tough, but I knew if I set a goal for myself and if I had enough determination that I could do it. My first motivation was to set a goal and accomplish it. The second motivation that pushed me through the tough times was thinking about the new mac book pro I was going to buy myself when I accomplished my goal. Yes, I bribed myself.... what can I say, it worked. I have worked my butt off, and have been eating so healthy. I can feel such a difference on how I feel and how I feel about myself. I hit my goal in the middle of November and since then I have lost a total of 40 pounds! I still have a little bit to go to be fully happy with my weight but here is to a new year and achieving more goals.

Me and my new mac book! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment