Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hot Air Balloon Festival 2011

October 2011
Albuquerque, NM

I went down to spend the weekend with J-rod. It was the perfect weekend because it was the hot air balloon festival and I had friday off. I flew down friday morning and Jared picked me up. He took me to the waffle house for breakfast and then we went to the aquarium. It was so much fun. He even got me to touch a sting ray! After that he surprised me and took me to the Aerial Tramway. It was so cool. The Tram took us up to the top of the Sandia Mountains. The view was beautiful. The weather was not very good this weekend. It snowed while we were up at the top. I think cold weather follows me wherever I go, haha. The weather made it so we couldn't see them light up the balloons that night. We went and saw Real Steel and I must say that I loved it!

We woke up the next morning and luckily the weather cooperated with us and we got to go to the balloon festival. It was still very cold and my shoe choice sucked because I walked around with cold wet feet all morning. It was ok though because it was so cool and so worth it. I think hot air balloons are so cool and it was awesome to see so many of them. Later, we went to Santa Fe. It was a cool little town. We had fun walking around and then we just chilled at the hotel the rest of the night. On Sunday, we went and looked at puppies for Jared. I don't really love dogs but puppies melt my heart. He didn't get one but he ended up getting a couple a few weeks later. We went and saw the Lion King since I wanted to see it in the theatre. We ate at Panda, which seems to be a new tradition, and then I was off to the airport. The trip was way to short but I had a lot of fun. I am so glad that I was able to go spend a few days with Jared. Thanks Jared for the fun weekend!













1 comment:

  1. You went skydiving and to a hot air balloon festival!!!!!! We have hung out since last October and it's totally cool with me if you tell me how awesome you are!!!! Go Allie!!!

    ReplyDelete