Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I thought the rockies would be rockier than this...."

My last vacation of the summer was a trip with my family to see Mike and Katie. We drove and it was kind of a long drive but it was fun to spend time with my family. We stayed in a little mountain town to break up the drive. One thing that I loved right off the bat is that they had elk crossing signs. Awesome right! I have never seen one before and I loved it. The mountains were beautiful. Katie lives just a few minutes outside of denver and so it was great to stay with them. We went and saw the Red Rock Amphitheater. I totally want to go see a concert there sometime. It was so pretty and it has a great view of Denver city. We also went to the Buffalo Bill museum and grave. It was a great look out point into the mountains and city. We went to a baseball game, which was so much fun. We ate in a little city called Golden. This is a cute little town and home of the coors brewery. One of my favorite things was that we went down to Colorado Springs. We went to a place called Garden of the Gods. It was awesome. It is a city park with red rock formations everywhere. It was fun to walk around even though it was super hot. We tried to go to the north pole but it was closed. sad day I know! We went to my cousins Kimra's house on sunday for dinner. My cousin Troy and his family also came down to see us. It was so great to see them and their families. A few of my favorite cousins. It was a fun trip. I am so glad that we fit it in before school started. 
At the Ball park



Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs



red rock amphitheater


Having fun with my camera at a small lake by katies house



Park in Golden, CO



Up at the Buffalo Bill museum

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so glad that I now know of your blog and I can stalk you :) I'm also so glad that you guys were able to come visit!! I can not wait until you come back and we can go to a concert at Red Rocks, and go to the water park. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete