Monday, October 4, 2010

went from being Miss Allie to Ms. Mumford





I can't believe that I am a teacher! Is it everything I thought it would be? Mostly yes, I just wish I could just have fun all the time and not discipline. I suck at that. I think the hardest thing for me has been getting my classroom ready and putting my classroom policies into place, and of course classroom management. Some people ask me teach middle school are you crazy? My answer is Yes, but really its all about teaching at their maturity level and since I love acting like a total idiot, middle school is the level for me. I think the dumb stuff they do is hilarious. I love my students though. They are fun, energetic, and will do anything you tell them to. well most of them. I had one student that I got mad at because she was talking when I was talking and I said she owed the class donuts. She totally brought donuts...I hope her mom wasn't too mad. I am teaching 3 prealgebra classes. Its amazing what kids cannot do. -3+1 really?

Funny story! so this happened the third week. I was wearing shoes that had a metal chain on them. I was taking role in my third period class and was kneeling on my chair. Well my foot was against the wall. All of a sudden I feel a little shock and a big POP! I look back and my outlet is smoking and black. My foot was also black from where the chain was touching my foot. the kids were all very concerned, haha not, but it made for a good story. so much for my brand new classroom. I had one of the kids get the vice principal. what a story to tell huh. So lesson learned to put metal on a metal outlet cover.

I have also been subbing on my days off which has been fun.






2 comments:

  1. Ms. Mumford, you are such a grown up! And probably the hottest red headed math teacher those kids have ever seen. I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, super proud of you!! The shoe thing is super funny and I still laugh about it. :) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete