Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's about time....

that October is over. Last year, my roommate and I were jinxed. October was a horrible month and we were determined to make this one better. I wish I could say that it worked but October is not my month. From now on I will probably go into hiding every October. Well the month started off strong with the results of my praxis test. I barely missed the passing score. Although I did not feel confident last month when taking the test, I need to get my butt in gear and pass the next one in a few weeks or else my life will considerately be different next semester. My car has broke down twice this month. The first time I left my lights on while at work. The second time I was running late to go hunting and I got in my car and it didn't start. At that point in time, if I would have had my riffle my car wouldn't have survived. During October, my car was also booted because they found me. The logan parking people that is. I had like 4 parking tickets that I haven't wanted to pay. So needless to say $185 bucks later I was able to get my car back.

Although October was not my month, I kept on telling myself to look on the bright side. I am not going to lie it was hard through the adversity that I was facing. I have a quote that is hanging up on one of my boards in my room that I can see every time I leave my room. It says
"How have I seen the hand of God in my life today?"
I must say thank you to my visiting teachers that gave this to me about two years ago. This quote is a constant reminder to me that Heavenly Father loves me and is always blessing me, even with the trials that I am facing.

So looking at the bright side of October. Although my car broke down twice, my good friend Brad and his roommate Ross came to my rescue with no hesitation. When my car broke down the second time my friend Adam came to my rescue although he couldn't fix it he stayed with me while I was freaking out. I was amazed at how many people stopped and asked if they could help. I have a great sister that went a weekend without her car so that I could go hunting. When I got back I was trying to replace my battery. Something I have never done before and when I was about to give up, two boys stopped and asked if they could help us. They were amazing. They both were little 18 year olds and one just got his mission call to the Dominican Republic. I will be forever grateful for those two cause they were my lifesavers. There are amazing people in Logan that are always willing to lend a hand and I love it. Last but not least, I got my first deer.

I guess I can't complain to much. "Bad thing happens and there is nothing you can do about it"=lion king, except look at how heavenly father has blessed you through out the bad things. I am so grateful for a loving heavenly father. In church today, a man stood up and bore his testimony about challenges and how we need to keep that glimmer of hope in our lives when we are struggling. Things will get better. And yeah for October being over!

No comments:

Post a Comment