Sunday, September 20, 2009

DAVE 09

INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! need I say more! Words cannot explain the excitement of a Dave concert, let alone 2 days of a concert with Dave. So my best friend, Whit has been going to this concert for the last 5 years and I didn't understand why until I went with her last year. Last year was my first experience with the Gorge. We only went to one day of his concert and stayed at the gorge campsite which was crazy. I didn't really know much of daves music but I love roadtrips, music, and being with my friends, so I gave it a shot. I loved it and so I made sure that I could do it again this year. Well we went for two days this year and it totally opened my eyes of the greatest of the Dave Matthews Band. Jared and Whitni flew up there, where slicer picked them up from the airport. Kates drove all the way from St.George and picked me and Adam up, and Shanell and Doug followed us up there in Dougs parent's car. Kates has a green convertible which is awesome, but we had so much stuff we couldn't put the top down until we got to WA. We stayed at Moses Lake,WA which is a 30 minute drive from the venue. It was a great campground. So the process of getting a good grass spot at the concert is intense. We get there 2 hours before the gates open and when they do, we have runners who only have blankets and they run down a half of a mile to insure a great spot. Well it was started pouring rain when we got to the lines on Saturday afternoon. It didn't let up either. We were all soaked! Kates and I dressed up as hippis. Kates and Whit ran down to get us a great seat. By the time Bryce and Holli got to the venue with the ponchos the rain stopped. Great timing Slicer. Although we were all soaked and freezing, we had a great time! I almost peed my pants because Dave played my two favorite songs at the end of the show. You & Me and Ants marching.

Sunday it didn't rain to much but the wind was crazy. It blew over the tent and ripped it to shreds. Bryce, Holli, Kates and me went to the concert early on Sunday to get us a good seat. We paid for the VIP pass, which is the way to go. We got to sit in this little lounge area while we waited for the gates to open and we were already that much closer to the seats we wanted. We got the most incredible seats ever. Dave is amazing and his concerts are so much fun. Everyone should come experience the gorge!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love you so much and I am glad that you had so much fun!!! Washington is the bomb and so is Dave. The pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete