Sunday, April 3, 2011

an IV, whats that?

Ok, so this was a little bit of a traumatic experience so I thought I better write about it. I have had this bump on my arm at least since college and probably before. It had gotten bigger and worse so my mom had me go get it checked out. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. Sure I was scared to death because I have never liked hospitals and needles have always freaked me out. The monday before my surgery I had to go get my blood work done. I was so scared, all I could think about is that if this freaked me out how the crap was I supposed to have surgery. I am such a wimp. Then Wednesday around 11 I showed up. Not really knowing what was going to happen. They called me back and told me to change into a gown. At that point I knew this was a bigger deal then I thought it was. The gown was a little breezy, imagine that, and so I was cold. The nurse moved me to a different room to where they could hook up a heater that goes through a hose into my gown. It was the coolest thing ever and I need to get me one of those. Then the nurse asked if I have a hard time with IV's. I looked at her and said I have never had one. An IV, what's that? I didn't say that. It didn't hurt to bad but it killed just being in my hand after a few minutes. As I sat there waiting for the doctor, I couldn't help but think this would be the perfect time to have a man. Ha Ha. How pathetic. Well the anesthesiologist came in and told me my options and I was all for putting myself all the way out. He said he was their to make me happy! Literally! It was the weirdest feeling of getting wheeled in a hospital bed into the operating room. The lights were bright and I just remember them putting stuff into my iv, and then telling me that I would get very sleepy. Wait for it, wait for it, seriously is what I was thinking and then it felt like I was going to pass out. The next thing I know I was in a different room and I could barely open my eyes. I was glad when my mom came to take me home. I am thankful for strong drugs. I got perkocet to help me out for a few days. I was really loopy which was fun, but it made me really depressed at the same time. Weird feelings going on and my sleeping is majorly off. Hopefully I can get back on track. I should have an awesome scar from it. I am so thankful for great friends that watch out for me and do anything to make a girl feel better. Thanks girls!


Before....
After....



3 comments:

  1. That is traumatic. I had to get put under once for a endoscopy. What a weird feeling! So what was the thing on your arm? Why did you have to get it out? You are one tough chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! I don't know what it is. They are testing it, so i will get more details when I go back. but they took it out just incase it was some type of cancer. Time will tell i guess. Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl!! At least that it going to be a crazy story to tell! I am so glad that you are ok and I have been keeping you and your family in my prayers. LOVE YOU LOTS!!

    ReplyDelete